Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Eye woes

So, a while back I had mentioned that my eyes had become hypersensitive to contacts :(, hence the lovely glasses I have had to wear for the last few months. Kate had gotten a hold of those things one to many times and Scott had to work his magic over and over to fix them. They have some sort of metal post in the middle Scott drilled in just to get them to stay together, supported by lots and lots of super glue (My husband is pretty handy). Anyways, we decided Lasik would be the next step......no more contacts and no more glasses! Pretty exciting, right? I was thrilled.
To make a long story short, I went through with the procedure, endured the scariness of it all, wore the ugly goggles afterwards, religously used the gazillion eyedrops they prescribe only to have to go and do it again. Yes, I am discouraged. For some reason my eyes were overcorrected, and now I am having eye strain issues, focusing issues, and headaches. I traded in my glasses, only to get other woes. I apologize for the vent, but I was hoping I'd be blogging about perfect eyes, but for now I'll have to look forward to sharing that in another few months or so:).

3 comments:

Keri said...

Misty...that's the worst! I'm so sorry. I haven't heard of anyone having to do it over yet, so that really bites. I hope it turns out good this next time. When are you going in?

Jamie said...

SERIOUSLY???? I would be SO mad too! I am so sorry and I do really hope that next time will do the trick! Good Luck!

Unknown said...

No way! I cant believe you finally got it done, and even worse its not all you dreamed it to be! That's not good news, Im sorry. Im glad you got to get out and be with your friends, that's always a boost to the spirits. Miss you...We got to do spa day this month! See you soon.

Kayleen